We believe Christian faith, like our Risen Lord Jesus, is alive today and not just some dead tradition that has little relevance to the modern day Church or daily living. Great Biblical teaching, rightly taught, helps us to better find, experience and understand our wonderful Lord and His plan for our lives. You will find our church to be a place of Biblical depth and richness that is thoughtful and practical for everyday life. With that in mind, here are some basic points that we believe to be essential to our faith. We believe…
- In One Eternal God in three distinct Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit – Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19
- Jesus Christ is Lord of all and He is the ONLY way of salvation – Acts 4:12
- Salvation is by grace, through faith in Christ, for the glory of God alone – Ephesians 2:8
- The Lord alone calls each person to a new birth and resulting faith – John 3:3
- Scripture is the final authority for the Christian – 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- There is one people of God, united by the Spirit in Christ – Ephesians 4:4-6
- Every Christian has been called to serve one another in the Body of Christ – 1 Corinthians 12:7
- Discipleship is at the heart of a growing relationship with the Lord – Matthew 10:38
- Jesus Christ will come again to the earth — personally, visibly, and bodily — to judge the living and the dead, and to consummate history and the eternal plan of God. “Even so, come, Lord Jesus” (Revelation 22:20)
- The Lord Jesus Christ commands all believers to proclaim the Gospel throughout the world and to make disciples of all nations. Obedience to the Great Commission requires total commitment to “Him who loved us and gave Himself for us.” He calls us to a life of self-denying love and service. “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them” (Ephesians 2:10).
These Essentials are set forth in greater detail in the Westminster Confession of faith.
We would love to have you visit!